Effective lighting can mean the difference between a so-so image and an expertly crafted one. Don Marr takes the intimidation factor out of learning lighting. Never again will you look at your negatives or monitor and wonder what happened. Instead, you'll learn how to take control, fix any problems that occur, and experiment with lighting in a variety of productive and creative ways.
Designed for advanced amateurs and photography students, this book is packed with practical, step-by-step lessons that take you from start to finish. From the basic concepts of lighting, to single-light setups, and on to multi-light images, exercises are presented for each topic, making it easy to follow along using your own lights and subjects either in your studio or on location.
Requiring only minimal equipment for impressive, highly professional results, this is the perfect guide for photographers who are ready to take control of their images and take their photography to the next level.
- Understanding the principles of lighting
- Metering techniques for reliable results
- Using gels, flags, and reflectors
- Techniques for working in mixed lighting situations
- Employing continuous light sources for creative effects
- How lighting can be used to enhance texture
- Lighting techniques for portraits, still life, architectural images, and more
8.5x11, 128 pages, over 100 full color photos