Today, portrait styles have become more relaxed and less formal than everƒ?ø????yet, the old rules of posing and lighting are still surefire ways to make your client look his or her best. In this book, Bill Hurter explores the roles of both influences, classic and contemporary, in creating portraits that sell. From lighting and posing, to composition and color management, this book is a comprehensive look at the ins and outs of producing professional-quality portraits.
- Tips for selecting the right equipment
- Comprehensive techniques for lighting and posing
- Creating portraits in the studio or on location
- Techniques for digitally retouching and enhancing your portraits
8.5x11, 128 pages, 140 color images.
Bill Hurter is the editor of Rangefinder magazine, a monthly publication for professional photographers. He is the former editor of Petersenƒ?ø?¦s PhotoGraphic magazine and a graduate of Brooks Institute of Photography, from which he holds a BFA in professional photography and an honorary Masters of Science degree. He has been involved in professional photography for more than twenty-five years.
OTHER BOOKS BY BILL HURTER:
- The Best of Family Portrait Photography
- The Best of Photographic Lighting
- The Best of Digital Wedding Photography
- The Best of Childrenƒ?ø?¦s Portrait Photography
- The Best of Portrait Photography
- The Best of Wedding Photography, 2nd Ed.
- The Best of Wedding Photojournalism
- The Best of Adobe Photoshop
- The Best of Professional Digital Photography
- The Portrait Photographerƒ?ø?¦s Guide to Posing
- Group Portrait Photography Handbook, 2nd Ed.
- Portrait Photographerƒ?ø?¦s Handbook, 2nd Ed.
- DIGITAL QUICK GUIDE: Digital Portrait Photography 101
Hours of OperationMonday thru Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time
Toll Free 800.466.1755
Rush Orders, Expedited and Out of Country ShippingPlease call our customer service department at 800.466.1755
Unless otherwise noted all orders ship via USPS priority mail except oversized items will ship UPS.
We cannot ship a tube larger than 6 feet internationally.
Custom OrdersWhen you have completed your purchase our graphics department will send you an artist proof
within 24 to 48 business hours. Once you have approved your proof your order will then
go into production which takes 7 to 10 business days.
Muslin OrdersMuslin takes 6 to 8 weeks for production.
Heavyweight Cloth, Lightweight Cloth, Diamond Cloth, Floor DropsHeavyweight Cloth, Lightweight Cloth, Diamond Cloth and Floor Drops take 7 to 10 business days for production.
Vinyl and Poly-NylonVinyl and Poly-Nylon take 7 to 10 business days for
Returns PolicyDue to the nature of our products, we can only offer store credit and replacement orders.
NO refunds for returned items.
We will not accept returns for custom items, seasonal items, CDs, DVDs or other media
All returns must be made within 14 business days of receiving your merchandise.
Restocking fees may apply for backdrops and props.
Shipping costs cannot be refunded. If you were not able to apply a discount code the discount amount will be sent to you as a Gift Card No Exceptions.
Shipping PolicyOrders are processed Monday through Friday.
Orders are not processed or shipped on weekends or holidays.
Please keep this in mind when ordering.
We will notify you if there is an issue with filling your order.
Shipping fees are based on your order's weight, destination and shipping method.
Shipping times are not guaranteed.
We make every effort to get your merchandise to you as soon as possible.
Quality workmanship takes time, so please be patient.
Please be aware that ordered items may arrive in separate boxes. We are not responsible for customs, duty or tariff fees imposed at international borders.